Ashima's Resin Impregnated Monofilament is without doubt one of the most
revolutionary monofilament lines on the market.
A resin impregnated line is different from standard low diameter lines which
tend to be either pre-stretched or teflon coated.
Ashima monofilament has a resin material combined into the co-polymer before
extrusion and it is this which gives it the enormous strength and allows it
to be produced down to much lower diameters whilst keeping both the elasticity
and strength. Other lines have to be pre-stretched to retain their strength
or they have to have a coating applied to them to improve their durability.
The resin impregnation process removes all these draw backs of other lines.
main advantages over other brands are that
· It is crystal clear and virtually invisible in water
· It is not pre-stretched and its amazing elasticity absorbs most of
· It is extremely soft and supple and has no memory which allows an almost
· It has a low diameter to strain ratio.
· It has excellent knot strength